Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bienvenidos a Honduras!

Apparently the Jackson airport did have reason to frisk me but they didn't confiscate my lethal weapon--a bag of doritos, which apparently wasn't made for high altitudes and popped during the flight going into Honduras. me: "No es un bomba!!" (It's not a bomb!) the lady sitting next to me: "Ella dijo bomba" (she said bomba!) Have you ever wondered the real words to la bamba? La La La La La BOMBA The gringa tiene un bomba. dejase del avion deja se del avion--si quiera vivir!
(The gringa has a bomb! Get off the plane, get off the plane if you want to live!) It goes a little something like that.
Luckily they didn't put me in the San Salvador jail but I did spend 8 hours in the airport. It was lovely...I enjoyed my first siesta, my first fresca, and even played the Wii. I also heard Cotton eyed Joe being played more times than I have ever heard before in my life, even being from Mississippi! It was seriously every 15 minutes out of no where it would just start playing--the strangest thing. I sat next to a sweet lady named Lourdes who was very proud of her native Honduran heritage and reminded me many times that she is a Cathracha (Honduran native) She was visiting home after living in New York many years. She helped me with my spanish and corrected me when I told the old man sitting next to me that I speak little spanish (Pocito) or intended to say but actually asked him for a little kiss (Pacito) No worries...Still much more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Brittany, STOP KISSING STRANGERS!

    I am so glad you are keeping a blog; can't wait to read more of your adventures....

    ReplyDelete